Monday, June 30, 2008

Lake Powell Trip-cracks and canyons

Lake Powell is my favorite place in the world. Ive been going there with family since I was born. It's been a while since I've been there so I was excited to go. It was for my moms birthday. She goes every year for her birthday and we got to go this time. We usually stay on the beach and camp but we stayed on a house boat this time (my first time on a house boat) and it was a lot of fun. My mom and her husband, my grandparents, my sister and her family and my family were the ones who went. We took so many pictures so I'll show them in sections. I love the canyons and the steep cliffs it's amazing. The walls in the canyons make you feel small.





This crack in the cliff is called Connies Crack if you hike/climb up a ways you can go all the way through to the other end. We hiked up a little ways but I think the way has been block off by fallen rocks. Jase came with us and we went as far as we could go. Then we jumped off. Even Jase jumped (from the very bottom).






We found this little area in a canyon. At the end there was a hole up a ways in the cliff. We jumped up there from the boat and found a secluded pond that was growing fish. It was very beautiful up there



No comments: