Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Arizona trip




Zoe does this little nose sniff, thats what the face is all about.







Well we got to go to Arizona to visit Keldons brother and his family. We had SO MUCH FUN!!! It was a long drive, about 11 hours each way. It went a lot better that I expected. We left really early in the morning (4am) so the kids slept most of the drive. We got there and got to see family. We haven't been able to see there family very often. Before we moved to Florida they moved to Arizona and since then we've only seen them about 2-3 time in the past 3 years (sucks). Well Dough (Keldons brother) was receiving his endowment in the Mesa Temple. So we wanted to be there with him. Keldons sister and her family went and so did his parents. We all stayed in there home and had a so much fun together. All the kids had so much fun with their cousins. I was just so excited to go to the temple again. It has been so long because I still nurse Zoe and it's hard to leave her with anyone for very long. Well of course Zoe did great with the babysitters. I know it was the spirit calming my nerves so I felt comfortable leaving her and helping her when I was gone (she's kinda a mommies girl). I loved being in their for his endowment. The spirit was so strong and it was so great. On the way home we read scriptures and asked each other questions. We have always tried to have daily scripture study but its so hard, well since that trip we have done it almost every day. It has strengthened our family so much. I am so happy we were there for Doug and his family and am glad they wanted us to be there. Hopefully now that we live in Utah we'll get to see them a lot more. We get to go this weekend to the SLC temple to see their family sealed, I am so excited. My goal is to go to the temple at least once a month. I know it should be more than that but with kids its hard. We'll see how it goes.



1 comment:

Hanah said...

Shelley, I love road trips! We used to make them all the time when I was growing up. Looks like you all had alot of fun! On all your adventures this summer! Glad that the kids did so well for you!