Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Horrible MOM

OK I am a horrible mom, or just horrible at taking memory pictures. I ALWAYS forget to take my camera with me whenever we are doing something memorable. So I'm just going to have to tell you about them because I don't have any pictures. On the second Sunday of every month we get together with Keldons family for birthdays (every month but Sept.). Well this month we also did Christmas. There are 3 families that wont be there for Christmas (including us) so we exchanged Christmas gifts from the kids. Each grandchild draws a name and they get a gift for their cousin. Jase gave to Bri and Zoe to Isabelle. Zoe got a hid-and-seek Care Bear and Jase got a spiderman book and a batman figure. All the grandkids were all in the living room with their parents (22 grandkids by the way). It was so much fun. We also did quilt squares to donate to an organization that puts the quilts together and gives one quilt to each family that has lost a soldier in the war. It was a lot of fun making those squares. And of course I don't have any pictures of them either.

On Monday for family night we decided to bundle up the kids (about 4 layers of cloths each) and took them up to Temple Square to look at the lights. Zoe looked like a big pink marshmallow connected to my side and Jase was bundled up in a blanket in the stroller. The lights were beautiful and they had many different nativity scenes. The most beautiful I thought was the one on the reflection pond. Joseph, Mary, and baby Jesus were in the middle floating on the water. They were lit up by spotlights all around them. Their reflection could be seen as well as the Temple. It was so beautiful. The kids loved it. Even though it was very cold they had a lot of fun looking around at all the lights. I wish I could have remembered my camera because the pictures of how Zoe looked would have been great. She would barley move. She hates the cold, you can tell she was born in Florida.

Hopefully I'll be better with pictures and keep my camera on me. Wish me luck. I can't afford to keep missing out on these wonderful photo ops.

2 comments:

Amanda Stephens said...

I can not believe that you did not take any pictures when you have family that live in other states. That is horrible!!! I am going on strike and not posting anymore pictures now. Just kidding. It happens to us all. I take pictures and then never print them. I am glad you all had a great time.

Hanah said...

Pictures are great, but what you're kids will actually remember is that you gave them all these fun experiences, and were an active roll in making them happen. I know sometimes with the camera always in the way, sometimes we can miss out on some of the fun of the experience, and actually being involved one on one with our kiddos, soo don't beat yourself up too bad. :D Your kids may not have the pictures but they have their Mom, and that's what really matters. :D You're a great Mom!! Who loves her kids! All Moms are allowed to have some weaknesses somewhere, and forgetting your camera isn't that bad of a weakness. :) Growing up I know we didn't take near as many pictures as we do now, and I don't feel jipped at all. I'm sure your babes won't either, because they will have all the great memories, and the stories, and they will know that their Mom loves them. :D Here's to a great Mommy!!