Thursday, July 2, 2009

LasVegas with Grandpa


I got to go to Vegas to visit my dad and step-mom. I also got to to take my kids and my niece and nephew. I was by my self so I was really worried about taking that long drive with 4 kids all alone. It actually wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. I had everything packed and ready and things for them to do. I got a book on cd from the library and brought the dvd player. Sadly right before we left I found out that the dvd player wasn't working. So we drove 7 hours without any movies and they were still really good. We only had to stop twice (well really 3 times) for bathroom breaks, which was awesome. Once at a gas station, (then 10 min later on the side of the road because Jase decided he still needed to go). Then one more time at McDonald's for lunch. We all went before and after we ate, then we made it to Vegas all in one piece.
We stayed at Cancun, which is my dads time share. Its really nice. One the strip but way further south away from all the hustle and bustle. The whole time we sat by the pool and let the kids swim. I'm really glad I brought life jackets for all of them otherwise I think I would have lost my nerve. But the jackets let us just let the kids play and not worry about them.
Mason, Sage, & Jase in their life jackets and goggles swimming around.

Mason and Jase playing on the steps.

The 3 of the playing.
Zoe sitting by Grandpa. She was listening to his music.
Zoe & Grandpa

Zoe by the water. I didn't get any of Zoe in the water because if she was in the water I was holding her and she was clinging to me for dear life. The only time she would get in was when I made her. And when I would make her she would whine the whole time. But I had to put her in. It was so hot if she stayed out of the water for too long her checks would get really red and it looked the she was sunburned.

No comments: