Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Specal night

Well we had a Special first and second night. Second night for Jase in his new bed and fist night for Zoe in a new bed. We finally got their bunk bed. We've wanted to get one since I found out about our addition, and finally found one I like at a price I like. So we put it up Sunday night and Jase slept on the top that night. He loved it and had no trouble adjusting. Zoe slept in her crib that night and was kinda upset she didn't get to sleep in the new bed. We didn't have sheets for the bottom yet, where as she is going from crib size mattress to twin mattress. Well I found some old ones of my moms and put them on Monday so she could sleep in there Monday night. She was still a little mad because she wants to sleep on the top, but that scares me and Jase already called it. So Keldon and I were really worried about how she would adjust, she has more trouble with change than Jase. I decided to try what we did with Jase when we switched from crib to bed and I read stories to her till she fell asleep. Well shes really antsy so that didn't work quite as well as I wanted so I read her a few stories and sang a few songs than just layed down next to her and acted like I was asleep. She finally settled down and fell asleep. It only took about 1 hour and 15 minutes. For a first time out of the crib I thought that was pretty good. She slept all night and at 7:15 am she got out of bed and came in our room and layed with us for a little while. It went so much better than I expected I was so happy. I just hope it continues, and we'll see today how nap time goes out of a crib. Those bars to keep them in are really handy, but we'll need the crib and we want her to get settled and use to the new bed before the baby comes. In about a week the bed will be completely finished. I ordered new blanket sets for both kids and Jase will get a canopy over his bed and Zoe curtains around her bed. It will be so nice that they both will have their own space, even if it is really small.








No comments: